Roles and Responsibilities of School Nurses is not a stagnant criterion. This varies according to situations and getting nurses prepared for any forthcoming student emergency is the prime motto of Eduhealth. NASN, the National Association of School Nurses is one of the foremost authorities which prescribes rules and regulations for School Nurses. Main aim is to promote health services and education for students.
Provide Healthcare Services:
Healthcare services should be provided when it is needed. Timing and precision are important in this aspect. Following are the points to be taken care of during this process:
- Identifying and dealing with chronic health conditions like asthma.
- Monitoring students for health conditions and sports injuries.
- Providing priority care using sophisticated technologies and user interfaces.
- Creative alarms to alert school officials about emergencies.
- Identifying special needs specific to each student to align the healthcare needs.
Promote Health Care Education:
- Provide and distribute health information and knowledge through portal.
- Take part in community initiatives which specifically promote student health.
- Promote Health care education and awareness through social media.
Take initiatives in providing healthcare services
- Collaborate with colleagues to take initiative for Healthcare services
- Take measures to streamline processes by reducing costs
- Initiate process quality activities and measure results.
Screen and refer students for health conditions
- Track student’s data and go through the screening process.
- Screen students for care needs.
- Identify and refer students for improving health conditions.
Promote a healthy school environment.
- Promote preventive measures to avoid illnesses.
- Create awareness amongst students about possible injuries and illnesses.
- Get help from qualified experts to promote a healthy environment.
Assume leadership for health policies and programs.
- Health policies and programs to be created and implemented.
- Leadership clubs to be formed to share ideas related to health policies and programs
- Create and adhere to event alerts and news.
Advocate for students with disabilities who have special health care needs.
- Track and identify students with disabilities.
- Monitor their health regularly through the portal.
- Identify special health care needs and implement solutions.